T HA M E S EP VG oils are high quality, lead-free, extreme-pressure oils designed, primarily, for the lubrication of heavy duty industrial gears. Their high load carrying capacity and anti-friction characteristics combine to offer superior performance in gears and other industrial applications. Suitable for both ferrous and non ferrous materials enabling a wide range of gear applications including worm reduction units. T H A M E S EP VG Oils are formulated using high viscosity index, solvent refined, base oils and incorporate a special sulphur-phosphorus additive to provide an extreme pressure performance which allow trouble free application in following areas:
- Steel gear transmissions
- Industrial gear drives where a full EP performance is required
- Circulating and splash lubricated systems
For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate T H A M E S Hypoid Oil should be used, as the EP oils are not designed for this purpose.
- Outstanding oxidation and thermal stability
- Withstands high thermal loading and resists the formation of sludge. Provides extended oil life, even with bulk oil temperatures of up to 100°C in certain applications.
- Effective corrosion inhibition
- Protects both steel and bronze components, even in the presence of contamination by water and solids.
- Operator acceptability. Reduced health and product removal risks.
- Wide range of viscosities
- Caters for the most varied and arduous industrial applications.
- Water shedding properties
Excellent water separating properties Excess water can be drained easily from lubrication systems. Water can greatly accelerate surface fatigue with gears and bearings as well as promoting ferrous corrosion on internal surfaces.Water contamination should therefore be avoided or removed as quickly as possible after the occurrence.
- Excellent load carrying capacity at high operating temperatures.
- Superior anti-wear characteristics over conventional gear oils.
Increased service life.